Sunday 27 January 2008

RECIPE FOR MULLED WINE


Mulled wine tickles my fancy so I decided to post the recipe for you all. If you don't like red wine, this is the best it'll ever taste. I got this particular recipe from BBC Food. Enjoy!


Ingredients
1 bottle red wine
60g/2oz demerara sugar
1 cinnamon stick
grated nutmeg
1 orange, halved
1 dried bay leaf
60ml/2fl oz sloe or damson gin (optional)


Method

1. Put the wine in a saucepan with the orange, sugar, bayleaf and the spices.
2. Heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Taste to see if you want the wine sweeter, and add more sugar to taste.
3. Off the heat, stir in the sloe or damson gin if you are using it.
4. Strain into heatproof glasses and serve at once.

Darn it! I think I'm gonna have to do a post on some smashing alcoholic drinks I recently had/heard of.

No comments: