Wednesday 30 April 2008

DIRTY PRETTY THINGS

I sense a growing interest in fetish illustrations. I'd like to think it's not because I'm sex-starved but due to the discovery of the amazing Coilhouse blog (a true cyberpunk/goth/alternative culture haven), as well as perusings through the Sex in Art blog and the Baby Art Blog. This is probably also down to the fact that I am scheming to become an uber glam gothic hot mess of a punkish bitch. Ever the new phase with me. You just gotta keep up. Whether you want to become a U.G.G.H.M.P.B or not, please go through those last two blogs for all manner of beautiful perversion. And don't tell me you don't want to. You SO do.





Itsuki Takashi's work reminds me a lot of the Malady Charlotina work that South West Londoner Christine does that I found on the Coilhouse blog. As she lives so close by, I think I'm going to make it my business to interview her...and her many pets.


I am SO buying the red prints and this last Rasputina-esque one. Anyone listen to Rasputina? The 'Mystikally Cellorific' trio?


[Album cover]

AND THEEEENNN...they in turn reminded me of an exhibition I went to at Shunt by Beatrice Pentney. She had this space set up like an old attic that only about 4 people could go into at a time; with flying dusty toy ships on strings over your head, opening and closing umbrellas, old frocks, rusty bits and bobs hanging everywhere, and the eerie sound of a tiring music box...which kinda TOTALLY reminded me of this Raputina song 'Gingerbread Coffin':

Okay so...how many tangents did I go off on?

No comments: