Friday 25 April 2008

FICTION FRIDAY

RISE AND SHINE! The morning's a-waiting! I'm only acting like this because I am coming down from a severe sugar rush. I pulled an all-morning-er with my essays and am just about ready to crash. But I decided to throw some laundry in the wash so now I have to wait for those to finish or else my intimates will get inconsiderately thrown around by the unwashed miscreants that live on my campus.

I even went out last night to the last HEARTSREVOLUTION gig at Hoxton Square Bar and Kitchen, took three night buses home near 1am AND STILL pulled my all-morning-er. It is now 10am. The cleaner will come a-knocking in a few seconds. I knew if I went to bed she would wake me. And just in case I dozed off anyway, I put a sign on my door that says (kindly) that I won't be needing her services today, thank you! *smiley face*

So I'm set, for a little R&R until dinner with my dad this evening (he did a flight to london today and is staying overnight. He's a pilot). Am so looking forward to a decent paid for meal. And a good spoil.

DID I MENTION THE HEARTSREVOLUTION GIG? Yeah, it was awesome. I have some new artists and photos to introduce you to but not right now because I'm too tired to give a fuck.

It's funny how this post is titled Fiction Friday and I'm rambling on like this with any and everything but. I guess I just missed you guys...and well my brain's all sugary.

Okay so....FICTION FRIDAY IS HERE! This time I remembered. And I remembered that I said the first piece I would post is Agyness Deyn's favourite poem, that I found in the May issue of i-D that is completely devoted to her. So, here it is:

I WANNA BE YOURS
by John Cooper Clark

I wanna be your vacuum cleaner
breathing in your dust
I wanna be your Ford Cortina
I will never rust
If you like your coffee hot
Let me be your coffee pot
You call the shots
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your raincoat
For those frequent rainy days
I wanna be your dreamboat
When you want to sail away
Let me be your teddy bear
Take me with you anywhere
I don't care
I wanna be yours

I wanna be your electric meter
I will not run out
I wanna be the electric heater
You'll get cold without
I wanna be your setting lotion
Hold your hair in deep devotion
Deep as the deep Atlantic Ocean
That's how deep is my devotion.


Sounds like a Ramones song. I think it sucks.

No comments: