Thursday 14 February 2008

QUIT BEING A SOGGY-FACED EMO ABOUT VALENTINE'S DAY!


I meant to say in my last post, before I got so excited about it, that from now on I will be trying to remember to post a Japanese phrase everyday, that should help me on my way to striking up a convo with Takeshi Kaneshiro if I ever see him, as well as teaching you guys a little sumthin-sumthin interesting.

And as today is Valentine's day, which I have, by the way, Superpoked my friends on Facebook to boycott, I will give you a love-related phrase:
ai- love
ai shiteru- I love you

Also, here's an interesting link on how the Japanese celebrate Valentine's day and what the colour red symbolizes for them.

If you're not fond of Japanese and want to show your significant other how many languages you can express your love to him/her in then here's how to do that. From Spanish to Maltese to Borat's native tongue.

And if you're simply not ready to face the 'holiday' just yet, did you know different countries celebrate it different days? Different months even!(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Valentine). September in Colombia, June in Brazil, ALL the way back around in January for Wales, or just like...a week later in Romania (in case you have 'the bitchy fits' A.K.A. your period that week or something. I mean, you can totally wait 'til you find a love interest first then choose the nearest V-date after that, instead of O.D.ing on Rockie Road on the 14th. (I hope people don't actually do that in real life)

What are your plans for V-day, or as my friends are calling it, S.A. Day (Singles Awareness Day)? As I don't have a valentine this time around and have never really celebrated it, I plan to catch a movie with a dear friend, who just so happens to be male, and maybe I may treat myself to some long-desired okonomiyaki and mochi ice cream; maybe even some Asahi (japanese) beer. There's also an Anti-Valentine's Day celebration on tonight at one of the campus bars, held by the Deviant Society, which I supposedly am a member of. But I went to that last year and decided that if I felt lonely and shitty in the evening, when I knew across the globe my ex-boyfriend was preparing to host a V-day singles party at his flat, I would check out this cool underground lounge/club called Ginglik in Shepherd's Bush that is having a small V-day tribute with live bands etc. So I am set! HAVE A GREAT DAY EVERYONE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It gives me great joy whenever i hear the name Dr.Obom because he is the great man that strengthen my relationship especially when my lover was about leaving me for another man but through the help of Dr.Obom my lover changed her mind and today we are married all thanks to Dr.Obom i am thoroughly grateful to him and i will like to give out his contact details to those who think they will really need his help reach he on this email homeofsolutions1@gmail.com Oh less i forget i am Lewi Edward by name and am from UK if you want to know more about this Doc contact me on my email address edwardlewi102@gmail.com

Unknown said...


Thanks to the great man called DR.umutu for getting my lover back to me within 48 hours. Well let me start by introducing myself i am Marry clackson from Los Angeles, CA USA. With so much joy in my heart i would like to tell the universe about this man called DR.Umutu, He is capable to bring back lost love and lost family back together. just within 48 hours that i contacted DR.Umutu my lover came back to me begging me to accept him back. If you are desperately in need of getting your lover back contact DR.umutu at his email Drumututemple@yahoo.com or call him on +2347052079645 Contact him today and you will have a better relationship.

NAME: Marry clackson
CITY: Los Angeles, CA
COUNTRY: USA

if you want to know more about DR.UMUTU you can reach me in my email address on marryclackson@gmail.com i will tell you everything you need to know about him