Sunday 3 February 2008

VIVA MAGAZINE

HOLYSHIT DOT COM! If I hadn't spent my phone credit on a five minute call to the US, right now I would be calling up my mother to tell her to purchase every issue of Viva that comes out from February until May and air mail them to me, for research purposes. Do you care to know why?

Well, only because I will be INTERNING WITH THEM COME MAY OF THIS YEAR! Viva magazine is a popular fashion and lifestyle publication in the United Arab Emirates. I decided today, why not email some middle eastern publications about work experience this summer since I will be back home in Abu Dhabi for vacation with nothing doing but attending to this here blog.
Well, as simple as that, in a matter of three short emails back and forth with their editor Claire Turell, I got an internship working in Fashion and Features from May 11th until July 11th. IN DUBAI! I might have to rent somewhere there for a month because I don't live there but do you think this stops me from shitting ice cream right now? I'm still grinning as I type this and think about how the hell I am going to figure out accommodation. It's so exciting; very spur of the moment.

Now all I need to do is find a part time job to wile away the time here in England until that faithul May day. After all, I still have nearly three more months of vacation time to fill up after that and if I want to go to South America with my best friend I'm going to need some cash.

Well look at that! It's only February and 2008 is the coolest year EVER already!
[UPDATE: No longer May 11th to July 11th. Now June 1st for a month. Boohoo. Yeah, life happened. Don't ask]

3 comments:

Euphamism said...

Awsome!!! I wish you the best of luck and they are fortunate to have you on their staff.

Anonymous said...

hey, I know this is very old and you might not even check it but im applying for internships in dubai aswell and i cant find an email to contact viva magazine. you mind giving it out? thanks

Anonymous said...

hey, I know this is very old and you might not even check it but im applying for internships in dubai aswell and i cant find an email to contact viva magazine. you mind giving it out? thanks